Sunday, January 22, 2012

He Knows His Matthew McConaughey

Context: Flipping through the 800 channels, admiring the sweet free HBO we have for 3 months. (P.S. Everyone with UVerse should just call and ask for promos all the time. Hubs does it regularly, and they always give us goodies. It's bizarre, but I like it.) I stumble across "How To Lose A Guy in Ten Days", which seems like good background as I work.

Me: Oh, honey, you just missed Kate Hudson naked.
Hubs: I'd do her. But I doubt it. No way you saw anything.
Me: Well, yeah, she had them pressed up against him.
Hubs: So this is the scene where he takes her out to his parents' place in Staten Island. (as a statement, not a question.)
Me: I think you're confusing your movies. He takes her home to his parents place in Failure to Launch, and it's Sarah Jessica Parker.
Hubs: Are you questioning my memory?
Me: About Matthew McConaughey movies? If I were to ever make a challenge, it seems like this would be a valid time to bet against you, yes.
Hubs: He LIVES with his parents in Failure to Launch! How can he take someone to his parents if that's his home?
Me: Okay...you're making me second guess myself...
Hubs: You should know better than question my memory.

In retrospect, I underestimated the power of Kate Hudson to burn a romcom into his long-term memory. We probably haven't see this movie in 7 years. But she's his listed blonde. Meanwhile, Matthew McConaughey doesn't make my Top 10. Explains this whole confusion right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment